Also my issues with burlesque.
- How burlesque dancers are quick to affirm their non-stripper-ness despite being performers who take off their clothes.
- How their lack of mystery and tension since most strip to g-string and nipple pasties (which in some parts of the world is as naked as strippers are allowed to get).
- How they are meant to be 'political' but aren't.
- How maybe this show, this solo movement event, this cabaret-text-song-dance piece, is my giving the finger to burlesque-ers with my political, hipster, stripper power.
- How the scruffy hipster venue adds to the politics of being a stripper
- How i'm keeping it out of the club, the red lit stage, the cabaret venue.
Also, Art is Hard. I am spending a lot of time messing with the order, and in the process am adding vignettes, removing vignettes, editing music, re-jigging choreography. Will i ever have it set so that i can just run it? Get it really good and rehearsed and tight? Maybe never.